MyBB 1.6.12 was released on 30 December 2013.
MyBB 1.6.12 is a security and maintenance release and fixes 4 vulnerabilities and 10 reported issues.
- Medium Risk: A SQL vulnerability when editing smilies in ACP reported by ChALkeR
- Medium Risk: A SQL vulnerability when deleting posts with Akismet in ACP reported by ChALkeR
- Medium Risk: A XSS vulnerability in video MyCode reported by ChALkeR
- Low Risk: A XSS vulnerability in smilie popup reported by Spenzert
- Bugs fixed:
- MyCode parser adds new lines since 1.6.11
- Some plugins throwing errors due to usage of unsupported language file calls since 1.6.11
- Uploading attachments may fail when safe mode is enabled
- Promotion task option "weeks" doesn't work properly
- Issue with queries not being executed in the correct order on logout
- #2196 Thread Prefix altered via Tamper Data
- #2251 Reputation doesn't carry over when merging users
- #2267 See other's posts in a "see own post forum" through archive
- #2275 Mod Log error when posting new thread
- Adding support for 4-Byte UTF-8 Unicode Encoding in MySQL
- When MySQL 5.5.3 or above is used a new option to convert the tables to 4-Byte UTF-8 Unicode Encoding is available in the UTF-8 Conversion page in the Admin Control Panel. This allows to store unicode characters with 4 bytes. If you don't know what we are talking about you probably don't need it. PgSQL and SQLite can store such characters by default.
The following files have changed since MyBB 1.6.11.
There are changes to 2 language files. Changed languages files can be cross-referenced from the list above.
There are no changes to templates.